It’s around that time of year again (aka the end/beginning) where people make resolutions for the new year and say GOOD RIDDANCE to the last. Personally, I see resolutions as goals and not things that are mandatory. I probably see them this way so I’ll actually try to act on them, because I don’t like doing things that are forced on me. Anyways, this last year I didn’t have many resolutions (I did switch to all cruelty free make-up though, which I’m pretty proud of) simply because the year before I had sooooo many and worked my ass off to do every one! So now that I’ve spent an off-year just living my life as it goes with some little goals here and there, I’m ready to have some new, big goals. I think it’s healthy to do this whole resolutions thing with a grain of salt and realize you’re not perfect and you might not accomplish every goal (and that’s perfectly fine!). These are just a few things I hope I do in the new year, if not then there’s really no harm. Like my parents always tell me, all you can do is try your best. What doesn’t happen doesn’t matter.
Any who, let’s get down to these resolutions!
- Be more accepting of new people. While I do consider myself for the most part to be accepting, I realize I can shut out new people. This can also come across as being stand-offish (something I really despise being seen as). So let’s be more welcoming and try our best to let others in a bit.
- Go on a trip with friends. I’ve tried to plan friend trips so many times, but I always end up abandoning the idea completely. I usually get intimidated by the time and effort it takes to plan such trips, and to be honest I get too lazy to plan bigger trips. So I hope to go on a trip this upcoming year with some friends! May be camping, going to Seattle to see an old friend, or just traveling up the California coast.
- Get that tattoo. I’ve been wanting a specific tattoo for a little over a year now, but I’m nervous about how my family will respond to getting a tattoo. Also, I’m a bit nervous to go to a tattoo shop just to get a little tattoo (I feel like they expect you to get something big and legit, but I just want something small on my inner ankle lol).
- Continue to blog. I just started this blog, not expecting much to come out of it, but I really enjoy it. Not only do I really like writing whatever, but the community is so lovely. I have had so many encounters with amazing people over this past month, and I feel like I’m genuinely becoming a better, happier person from it. To set a specific goal, I hope I can reach 100 followers in the new year! I feel like I can do this if I really try, but I don’t want to set an unachievable, bigger goal.
- Survive college. This first semester was a real killer, but I don’t want to give up. Luckily, this winter break has really motivated me to keep on chugging through school. I’m looking at around 5 years of this, so I better get my shit together. To future me: good luck.
- Keep trying new things. New foods, new activities, new situations, new places, new people, new everything! Be adventurous in this new year, because same old same old gets boring quick!
Good luck to everyone for 2017! What resolutions are you going for this upcoming year?